Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sometimes you just have to take a hint...

So far, my forays into organized, public Pagandom have been...less than stellar.

In a very short period of time, I've experienced:

1. Middle-aged men looking to get skyclad with nubile young things of both sexes, because his Christian wife doesn't jive with his religious expression.

2. Altars set up on beer coolers.

3. A lady, most unfortunately wearing a lycra body suit, whispering "Not one of us" to her shopping companion, so as to be sure I overheard her.

4. A lady with a VERY LARGE quartz crystal around her neck informing me that my aura is Black. (It's a very dark shade of indigo, thank you very much.)

Not really feelin' the love.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I've remained solitary this long for a reason.

I think I'll grab the Halloween candy and enjoy a bad-movie marathon.

6 comments:

  1. Public NeoPaganism can be a disconcerting, discouraging thing, especially for a sincere, devout seeker such as yourself. But do keep a few things in mind:

    1. You're young.

    2. You're smart.

    3. You will find what you're looking for (even if it doesn't immediately reveal itself).

    So please don't give up just yet. And also, from one Witch to another, always keep some time set aside for bad-movie marathons.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Sir Evn!

    Thanks for the wisdom. I'm very glad to receive it.

    Hope you had an excellent holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a wonderful Samhain. Hope yours was excellent as well.

    And that's Mister Sir to you. (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing (with you, of course) because your description is soooo very familiar to me.

    Hang in there, Veles. Every seeker wades through their fair share of community. Just try not to get too much on your shoes.

    Bendith y cyrn,
    --Trothwy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!

    Thanks for the advice!

    I've always felt very strongly that the process, of any undertaking worth doing, is part of the initiatory process. So this is all just part of the Big Picture.

    I love your blog, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I'm enjoying yours, too!

    ReplyDelete

17 Witchy Questions Tag - Kelden and Veles

We did a thing!