Monday, June 28, 2010

And speaking of Oracles...

I purchased a new Tarot deck today.

I've collected a number over the years, given many away when I got tired of having to dust them, and retained only a choice few.  I think Crowley's Thoth deck is one of the most beautiful decks ever, but it doesn't Talk to me.  Robin Wood's deck is pretty, even though there are a few cards whose imagery I find problematic.  See the Hierophant card for more information. 

And while I do love the Rider-Waite deck and it's various versions, I have to admit that I don't really grok the Cabbalistic/Masonic thing.  When you start having theological debates (read: Tantrums which involve throwing things and threats of immolation) with your oracle...maybe it's time to look for a new one.

So I returned home with my brand new deck and checked out Gordon's blog, as I often do.  And he has this great post up on Calibrating An Oracle.  You should go read it.

Portentous or merely Noteworthy?

1 comment:

17 Witchy Questions Tag - Kelden and Veles

We did a thing!