Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Harvest Home, Harvest Moon

There was three kings into the east,
Three kings both great and high,
And they hae sworn a solemn oath
John Barleycorn should die.

- Robert Burns, 1782

This year the Autumnal Equinox and the Harvest Moon are back to back, a two for one special if you will!  So for those of you who will be celebrating, have a happy and joyous Equinox!

*And in case you were wondering, nothing can compel me to refer to this holiday by the incorrect and utterly modern label of Mabon 


4 comments:

  1. I love you for that last sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this, two sorority sisters a few tables over started talking about the movie "John Tucker Must Die". Modernity has not been kind to culture.

    Points to the universe for synchronicity, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like V.V.F. I love your last sentence too. I think that is why I fell in love with Mike Nichols' "The Witches' Sabbats" the man might not always be right, but I like the fact that he calls things by their names.

    Happy belated Autumn Equinox to you. I didn't get to celebrate overtly, but in my heart I was cheering for the God of Darkness, although I was honest and told him that I hoped he didn't overstayed his welcome because I'm not crazy about cold weather.

    ReplyDelete

17 Witchy Questions Tag - Kelden and Veles

We did a thing!