Friday, February 11, 2011

Experience Trumps Assumption

I haven't posted anything overly thoughtful or provocative in a while.  I've sat with myself and thought "Obviously you have more to say.  Why aren't you saying it?  Why don't you grow a pair and tear into the forces of stupidity and entitlement that have turned Pagan Craft into a punchline?" 

Because I've been too busy practicing Witchcraft, courting the Mysteries as best as I can navigating with only my own study and intuition as my guide.  I've had a lot of portentous dreams over the last few years, bolts from the blue, and shivvers up my spine from coming into the presence of Them.  I'm a Seeker, I've made some contacts, and I'm tending the garden that is my Craft. 

The Pagan Movement has always been rife with conflict, disagreement about praxis, and schism.  Shit happens, people suck, and there's always going to be a Martin Luther in the group. 

Not my battle, and I don't have to try to fix anything or point out where people are wrong.  Even though so many of them are.

I'll still be getting my hands dirty and holding the Craft as I understand it to be.  Other people can hang out in the front yard, escape to the manicured public park for the afternoon, or choose to just stay inside and watch television.

As it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Spell? On a Witch Blog? Groundbreaking.

Most magical systems recommend practicing some sort of regular psychic or magical hygiene rituals. This might be as complex as taking carefu...