Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Eddie Buczynski


Eddie Buczynski and Herman Slater entered my consciousness as a very young Witch.  So many roads of modern Craft lead to and from that shop.  I'm just old enough to have sent for a catalog from the shop before it closed.  Herman was a bit of a media darling, and you can easily find photos and video footage of him with only a slight google search.

Information about Eddie is scarce.  Or was, until Bull of Heaven was published just recently.  I haven't read it yet, but I'm dying to.  It will be my next treat for myself.  

In the past week, a lot of articles have been appearing across the pagan web about Eddie and the book.  There's a great one here at The Juggler.  And another from The New York Times.

I've never felt much that my Craft needed to be about my sexuality.  But I've always regarded those many homosexual male Witches who have gone before as personal ancestors, sources of strength and pride to look to for guidance and inspiration.  I rely more and more on the strength and power of that particular tribe these days.

I am thankful that Eddie's story is no longer one clouded in mystery.

1 comment:

  1. Glad other people are excited about this book too!

    I just listened to the interview with the author on the Eat My Pagan Ass podcast, and it only made me more excited.

    I think it is a good story for witches to be aware of, homosexual or not!

    ReplyDelete

A Whole Blog Post Without Swearing!

Hello again! It's nearly October and I haven't posted anything here since early Summer. What else is new? I solemnly swear that my h...