Some of my recent purchases from the guys at Otherworld Apothecary. Highly recommended.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
I got nominated for a Liebster blog award by Ecstatick Magick. Yay because I love winning things even when I seriously suck at blogging, which I do.
These are the questions I'm supposed to answer, and since it gives me writing prompt, I'm game.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I think I mentioned this before, but I started blogging because Evn at Lover of Strife was doing movie trivia on his own blog. One of the questions was about George Romero's film Season of the Witch - one of my most favorite movies - and I had to participate. I'd been reading his blog for some time, and signed up for blogger so I could comment and start prattling on myself.
2. What moment most impacted your life?
I would say the last three years have had the most impact on my life - conveniently coinciding with my Saturn Return. From moving across state to a major city, adapting from a rural town to Houston's urban chaos, becoming an active seeker, the death of what I thought was a solid friendship, moving again, and then starting the job I currently have - Scorpio's love a transformative experience!
3. What person, living or dead, would you most like to have a conversation with?
Eleanor Bone, who I think might be my most favorite witch. Patricia Crowther, Doreen Valiente and even Lois Bourne have written books. Doreen is widely considered the "Mother of Modern Wicca" and Patricia continues to write and teach. We know so little of Eleanor's own thoughts about the Craft and stories from her life - though thankfully some archival film footage of her and her coven survives.
4. What one thing would you instantly change about your life if you could?
Like most people, I wish I had more time to read and to devote my own personal interests.
5. If you could travel anywhere for a day, where would it be?
I really hate to travel - but New Orleans and Salem are on the list.
6. What was your favorite possession at 12 years old?
My statue of Hekate.
7. What attraction or landmark would you magically transport to your hometown?
One of Laurie Cabot's wigs. *snerk*
8. What fairy tale character would you choose to be?
The Queen from Snow White, obvs.
9. Who inspires you and how are you a bit like them?
The list could go on forever, and I don't know that I'm *like* anyone but myself.
10. What about you has most drastically changed from your 16 year old self?
I am comfortable in my own skin and so much more attractive. *snerk again*
11. If you were an Olympic athlete, what would be your sport?
Deb at Charmed, I'm Sure
Gardnerians at Gardnerians
The Ocelot at The Serpent and the Foxglove
Melissa at Three Hundred and Sixty-Six
Granthrax at Witching Stepford
For those who accept, here are my questions:
1. What is your most favorite magical mistake?
2. What resource (book,etc) do you actively discourage people from reading?
3. A God you'd most like to shag? (We love blasphemy here at Adventures in Witchery)
4. Favorite movie witch?
5. Favorite actual witch?
6. What first drew you to witchcraft?
7. If you could go back in time to your newbie self, what mistakes would you correct?
8. Favorite tarot deck?
9. What drew you to your particular tradition?
10. What magical or religious system outside of your own interests you?
11. Biggest pet peeve about online paganism?
I know, I know, super deep and spiritual questions but...this is supposed to be fun, right?
We did a thing!
I believe that Gods and spirits are independent forces with free agency. Well, I'm not sure if I *believe* it, but it makes the most s...
If you ever wanted to see the horror movie that Raymond Buckland served as a technical adviser for, well, here it is!
A friend and I spent a few lovely hours at the local Barnes and Noble yesterday. I was there to pick up Anne Rice's new novel, and it sh...