Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Witch Show And Tell

Witches love stuff. I love stuff. "Witch" probably means "hoarder" in some language...somewhere. As penance for my lack of serious blogging, I'm going to show you some pretties. 



This is just a regular old knife from the kitchen with a nice blonde handle. Not great for carving candles, let me tell you. But it's lovely for cutting things like bread or virgins fruit. It feels nice in the hand and has the added benefit of having been used for years by both my mom and grandmother in the kitchen. 


Witches Ladder my friend Granthrax made for my birthday some years ago. Those little skull beads are just cute as hell.


A crystal ball bought for me as a gift by an aunt who disapproved of my occult interests. This is the same aunt who bought my first tarot deck. The aunt who gave me a copy of Linda Goodman's Sun Signs. The same aunt who took me to see The Craft five times at the theatre. The aunt who introduced me to sixties rock, incense burning and meditation. Yeah. People are strange. (See what I did there?)


Hekate Brimo statue by the amazing Jeff Cullen. I have no words. She is beautiful and terrifying and I adore her.



Prayer card for St. Blaise who is the Christianized version of my namesake, the horned god Veles. This was a present from Evn at Lover of Strife the first time I met him. He doesn't blog anymore, which makes me sad.

So if you are reading this and have Witch Stuff you are cool with showing, I challenge you to do so. It'll be fun and we can all oooh and aaah over our Collective Hoard of Woo.

1 comment:

  1. Love the show and tell! Jeff Cullen does amazing work, doesn't he? I was not a fan at all when I first started seeing his work a few years ago, but I'm starting to come around. I got to meet him at Pantheacon this past year, and he's such a nice fellow, too.

    ReplyDelete

17 Witchy Questions Tag - Kelden and Veles

We did a thing!