Tuesday, August 4, 2015

77 Question Witchy Community Tag Part One

This is making the rounds on Youtube, but since I don't Youtube, we'll use this as a writing prompt. I tag everyone who reads this to go and do it yourself. 


1. Do you use runes as a written language?

I use the Theban script for specific things. I've played around with Ogham and the Norse runes for writing spells and making bindrunes, but I stick with plain English. 

2. Do you feel you have natural gifts such as (premonitions, hearing spirits) and if so do you think this is what led you to this path?

I've always had very strong impressions about people and situations and most of the suffering I've experienced in life has come from ignoring those strong feelings. I've had dreams or "visions" that have come to pass. I've had a few occasions where I've dreamt of dead people I did not know in person who have shared things with me that have turned out to be true. I don't think any of this lead me to my path. 

3. What deity do you work with if any and why?

I am devoted to two deities we will call the Lord and Lady of Wicca, though I'm sure there are those who think very strongly that non-initiates cannot possibly honor or revere Them. I have had devotional practices for deities who have had very strong presences in my life at different times - some of those relationships continued and some didn't. 

4. Have you always worked with this same deity?

Yes.

5. Do you use any personal items in your practice, (blood, semen, tears, urine, etc)?

When and where it is appropriate for the working or the deities who are being honored, yes. 


6. Do you do past life readings or have ever had one done; who where you or how did you die?

No. 


7. What is your favorite magical tool?

Whichever one I'm holding at the moment is always my favorite - I love the way they look, how they feel in my hands, memories of other workings they've been a part of. My absolute favorites are my blade and my Robin Wood tarot deck. 

8. What is a song or type of music that gets you into a witchy mood?

The music from the 90's and early 00's that were the soundtrack to my early exploration of Craft and music from the 1940's, oddly enough. 

9. Where is the most magical place you have ever been?

Every book and video store I've ever been to. 

10. What animal is your familiar if any?

No familiar's here. My dog does not approve of Witchcraft. 

11. If you have a familiar, did you choose them or did they choose you?

n/a

12. What in the craft are you best at (tarot, spells, ritual,) etc?

Organization, attention to detail, making incense and powders, hexing, cleaning up, bringing foods to Circle that are fattening when everyone is on a diet!

13. What in the craft would you say you are weaker at?

Not rolling my eyes at the lame, silly or pretentious. 

14. What is your most favorite part of your craft (spell writing, divination, etc)?

My favorite part of Craft is that it is tactile, smelly and visceral. 

15. What was the first tool you ever purchased?

The tool I purchased would have been a candle. The brass censer I still use was the first working tool I ever purchased. 

16. What was your first homemade tool for your practice?

I made a pentacle from the heavy cardboard backing of a sketchpad. I cut a circle out of it and painted it black with a white pentagram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Spell? On a Witch Blog? Groundbreaking.

Most magical systems recommend practicing some sort of regular psychic or magical hygiene rituals. This might be as complex as taking carefu...