Tuesday, August 4, 2015

77 Witchy Community Tag Part Three

41. How do you handle rejection from a fellow witch that refuses to do a reading or spell for you?

I've never had this happen. 

42. Do you think it is necessary to cast a circle when you do spell work or any magical working?

I don't think it is always necessary for everything, bur casting circle is foundational to my practice of witchcraft. 

43. If Steven Spielberg called and wanted to make a movie of your life, who would you want to play as you?

I need a better director, please and thank you.

44. What is some advice that was given to you that you pass along because it made an impact on your path?

I don't have an answer for this. 

45. What is some advice you would give someone who has not found there deity?

It is a fallacy that everyone in Paganism is going to have a matron/patron deity. You might or might not be called to worship a particular pantheon of deities as a whole. You might be a Wiccan with devotional relationships with deities who are outside of Wicca. You might not. 

46. Where do you buy your herbs?

The grocery store. 

47. How did you feel casting your first circle (silly, scared, stumbling, etc)?

I wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to be doing that first time. My early books just said to "cast the circle" without explaining what that meant. 

48. What was your first successful spell?

That would be telling! It was a curse, if you must know. Shhh! 

49. What is your general practice for meditation?

I put on music, light some incense, and clean the house. 

50. Are you a day walker or a night comer?

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

51. How and when did you know you wanted to be on this path?

The first time I read about secret rituals, ceremonial knives, candles, a Goddess and a God with horns. 

52. What type of pagan are you (Wiccan, eclectic, hedge, etc)?

I identify as a Wiccan, but I generally just call myself a Witch. 

53. What candle color do you use most?

I will generally use whatever I have on hand for whatever purpose I need to use it for. 

54. What area would you like to see your craft grow in?

Group work, daily ritual

55. What is your preference, to buy or make your tools?

I'm a crafty sort of person, so I like making things when I'm able to. If I have to purchase something, I prefer to get it from secondhand/junk/antique shops and then adapt it to my purposes. 

56. What fictional witch book/screen inspired you the most?

Aside from the Queen in Snow White, I'm inspired by Bast from Rosemary Edghill's Bast Novels and the Aunts from Practical Magic

57. With your first spell where you alone or in a coven?

Alone
58. What is your favorite candle, incense scent for magical purposes?

I use a lot of rosemary and cinnamon. 

59. Where is your favorite place to go to reconnect with nature?

If you can't do it where you are, in your own backyard, then you can't do it anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Spell? On a Witch Blog? Groundbreaking.

Most magical systems recommend practicing some sort of regular psychic or magical hygiene rituals. This might be as complex as taking carefu...